What’s coming up, or “Keeping myself honest”.
In the interests of providing some impetus for myself, I thought I’d detail a few ideas of the posts I want to write. Some of them I’ve been wanting to write for a while, others are new ideas that have come about from my recent journey to the “other side” (read: Apple).
Writing like this is quite new for me, and I know that I’ll be more focused if I put myself under a little bit of pressure by detailing what I’m thinking about. As I write them, I’ll try and update the list to link to the specific articles.
Windows Communication Foundation
- Authentication architecture patterns and implementations.
- Automatic runtime configuration of WCF endpoints.
- Uploading files.
- A deep dive into MVVM.
- Working with XIB files and code.
- Populating grids.
- Custom drawing grid cells.
- Playing music from the iPod library.
- Memory management in iOS.
- Building applications with XCode 4.0.
Graphic Design for Developers
- Understanding the basic tenets of graphic design.
- Understanding colour.
- Laying out data entry forms.
- Adding some pizazz to your forms.
- Design inspiration.
That’s all I can think of off the top of my head. There are quite a few more. I’ve actually got some half-started posts lying about that will have to remain on hold until the NDA for XCode 4.0 is lifted. Hopefully this list will provide inspiration to get started.